If the physical connection is good, the Stabilant 22 will keep it that way for a decade or more. It does 4 things.
- Chemically changes a copper oxide (an insulator) back to copper and oxygen. No need to sand way the green oxide.
- Coats the contacts to keep any more oxides (rust) from forming.
- If a gap of less than 0.005” (0.127mm) existed between the contacts, the paste will fill it.
- Stabilant will conduct electricity between the gap but no further.
- It is not a glue, so you can unplug the connector anytime.
- Lasts over a decade. It is non-toxic, so there’s no problem with it’s use.
Caution: do not overly apply it to an O2 sensor connection as it may clog the inlet wire that is used for outside oxygen. This is not to say it cannot be used on O2 sensor connections. It can, just don’t overdo it.