Qualified Shop Program
Do you want to be known as a Qualified Hybrid Repair Center?
- Do you know how to fix a hybrid or EV?
- Have you trained with us?
- Do you need a good hybrid/ EV reference books/charts?
- What equipment do you need? Where can I get it?
- Would Tech Support help you?
- What about training? How do I keep up?
- Can you use more HEV/ PHEV/ EV customers?
This Program is very simple. No contract or red tape.
Qualified Hybrid Tech = Qualified Hybrid Auto Tech … has taken 24 hours live with ACDC and 30 hours on-line; HEV101, EV101 and OEM specific Web training for the EMVs you service. (If you are located outside of North America we may allow a different path). Own the latest ACDC books No ASE required but encouraged.
Advanced Hybrid Tech = Advanced Hybrid Auto Tech … ASE Certified Tech in A1, A2, A6, A8, L1 and have taken 40 hours of live ACDC classes plus everything above for a Qualified Tech.
Master Hybrid Tech = Master Hybrid Auto Tech … ASE Certified Master with L1, L3 and have taken ACDCs 5 day “Electric Drive” or 7 day hybrid class “Up Your Voltage!” plus everything above.
Note: In order to be in the QSP Program the training can be no older than 5 years.
1. You are / have an ACDC Hybrid Tech currently in our program.
2. Only a ACDC Hybrid Tech will service, diagnose or repair the hybrid vehicles left for service. Exceptions are hybrid repairs and service that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the vehicle is a hybrid. Note: An oil change is a hybrid service but it can be a supervise service by a Hybrid Tech.
3. The tech must pass a 40 Question ACDC test with 80% or higher. Every 2 years the tech must pass 20 question re-up test. Testing is done on-line.
4. Own (or the shop you work at) a pair of 1000 volt, Class O, rubber protective gloves in good condition and valid within 6 months of the last glove HV Test.
5. Own a CAT III 1000 volt DVOM, with CAT III leads and ends, and a Fluke SV 225.
6. Must own a milliohm meter, insulation tester, and 4 channel scope.
7. You own or have access to a factory scanner with updated software for the hybrid vehicles you work on or a good aftermarket scanner that works well with the hybrid you are on.
8. You have internet access at your shop and subscribe to the OEM web sites for the Hybrid you work on (It is OK to subscribe as needed) and are an Identifix customer (USA only) .
9. Your service writers have been trained by you or ACDC and will consult their Hybrid Tech as needed when hybrids are left for service.
10. You have a way of handling customers complaints that satisfies the state and city laws
Note: ACDC’s Tech qualification expires every two years.
1. Train your staff, techs, etc. with all live ACDC webinar classes each year included at no additional cost*.
2. Send 2 Qualification Color Certificates
3. List your shop on ACDCs consumer web site. www.hybridshoplocator.com
4. ACDC started as a shop management training company in the 90’s, we still provide help in that area.
5. Provide tech support (as time allows). We require you to have a subscription to Identifix (only in North America).
6. Help market your business. Hybrid Uniform Patches ($9.00).
* space permitting. If the live class is sold out (99 seat limit) you will get a free link for the recording.
1. Cost for this Qualification program is $365 per year for one shop at one site. $50 for each additional tech at the same shop. Additional sites are $150 per site. (Note additional fees above). Ask for our latest pricing sheet.
2. Re-up is yearly or bi- yearly.
3. No long term contracts to sign.