1. You are / have an ACDC Hybrid Tech currently in our program.
2. Only a ACDC Hybrid Tech will service, diagnose or repair the hybrid vehicles left for service. Exceptions are hybrid repairs and service that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the vehicle is a hybrid. Note: An oil change is a hybrid service but it can be a supervise service by a Hybrid Tech.
3. The tech must pass a 40 Question ACDC test with 80% or higher. Every 2 years the tech must pass 10 question re-up test. Testing is done on-line.
4. Own (or the shop you work at) a pair of 1000 volt, Class O, rubber protective gloves in good condition and valid within 6 months of the last glove HV Test.
5. Own a CAT III 1000 volt DVOM, with CAT III leads and ends, and a Fluke SV 225.
6. Must own a milliohm meter, insulation tester, and 4 channel scope.
7. You own or have access to a factory scanner with updated software for the hybrid vehicles you work on or a good aftermarket scanner that works well with the hybrid you are on.
8. You have internet access at your shop and subscribe to the OEM web sites for the Hybrid you work on (It is OK to subscribe as needed) (USA only) .
9. Your service writers have been trained by you or ACDC and will consult their Hybrid Tech as needed when hybrids are left for service.
10. You have a way of handling customers complaints that satisfies the state and city laws
Note: ACDC’s Tech qualification expires every two years.