Live at 8pm EDST. 5 pm West Coast USA
Cost: $650 for 8 hours of training, individual classes are $95. Save $90.
Live interactive online training, developed for shop owners and technicians who are interested in working on hybrids but are not able to lose an employee for a day or more or take time off work. The class is organized so that an individual who started off with some automotive knowledge but no Hybrid experience could start from class one and, by the 8th class, be comfortable and confident working with all makes and models of hybrids. Sessions are scheduled so that students over the globe can attend on line.
At the end of the class, receive signed certificates of completion to help promote your new skills.
Each day, plan to sign in 10 minutes early and Craig will stay on the line after the class as long as he can for any additional questions you may have.
1 Class #1 "Safety and Tools. What Makes a Hybrid different from a conventional car? An Overview" The first day of class you will learn about safety, tools and get a good high level look at hybrids.
2. Class #2 "Service and Maintenance Issues" The second class will make it clear what general service issues are out there so you are not unprepared for the normal run-of-the-mill service, oil changes, etc. You will be given some homework to read over off our web site.
3. Class #3 "Transmission Designs" . Learn about all the various types of transmissions, some with HV motors inside.
4. Class #4 "Regenerative Braking". Step on the brakes of a Prius and the HV battery charges up. OK, how?
5. Class #5 "Motor / Generator Controls, the Inverter". Making 300 volts and 300 amps of 3 phase AC electricity instantly from DC is a neat trick. How is it done.
6. Class #6 "Electric Power Steering, DC-DC Converter operations". No alternator or hydraulic fluid for a P S system. Here is how it works.
7. Class #7 "High Voltage Air Conditioning systems, Heating, Other cooling systems" Lots to learn here about special oils, A/C machines, bleeding cooling systems and more.
8. Class #8 "Battery Systems.. NiMH and Li-ion" This is a moving target. ACDC stays up-to-date with the ever changing world of NiMH and Lithium batteries. Learn about charging and balancing issues.
Find out more about how this class and more can get you involved with our Hybrid Shop Program.
Last update was 01/04/17